Thursday, November 23, 2017

Say Hello to Lynette!


Say Hello to Lynette!




Continuing with the Women of Enghouse, today we’re introducing you to Lynette Corbett, Chief Administration and Human Resources Officer.
Hi Lynette! Please share with us your history with Enghouse:
I joined Enghouse Systems Ltd. In April 2016 as VP of HR in the corporate head office. My mandate at that time was to centralize and standardize HR practices around the globe. In April 2017 I was appointed as Chief Administrative Officer. That role encompasses the management of all Enghouse “shared services” HR, Facilities, IT and Legal.
What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part of the job is the ability I have to meet our management team and employees around the globe. I travel quite frequently and get to talk about Enghouse Values to our team and how those values influence our business model and mandate.
What is the most gratifying part of your job?
The most gratifying part of my job is that even though I operate in shared services, we have a real impact on the achievement of our overall business goals. I’m an organizer by nature so getting so many people aligned to our values and processes is very rewarding for me. A key driver for Enghouse is Value for Money and I get to put that principle in to action in everything I do.
What’s on the horizon in the world of Enghouse corporate/HR?
There is so much on the horizon! In HR alone, we have a lot of exciting initiatives on the go. Along with Amy Phillips, we have implemented a new recruitment program. This includes globally expanding our employee referral program. This is exciting to us because having our current employees recommend future employees is the best reference we could have. And our employees can benefit financially from participating. We have also significantly optimized Bamboo making it an easy to use self-serve tool for employees (download the app!) and have developed new reporting capabilities which makes it a great business partner to managers. We are also working on developing a global management program which has been custom built for Enghouse and which we will roll out in January 2017!
How have you seen Enghouse evolve since you’ve been part of the team?
I love how dynamic Enghouse is. Early on I saw the motto “Act Locally, Think Globally” which is a great descriptor of Enghouse. We have a decentralized management model with very low red-tape and bureaucracy which is great. So “Act Locally” is the easy part. The more challenging part is to combine that with a “Think Globally” mentality. I do see Enghouse evolving in this area with various teams breaking down silos and working with colleagues to find the right partnerships and synergies to truly make Enghouse a global leader in the marketplace.
Tell us 3 fun Facts about you!
1) I’m a political junkie
2) I’m a total foodie and cooking is my passion
3) I’m a new grandma to the most gorgeous baby in Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment