Sunday, June 10, 2018

WOMEN OF ENGHOUSE: Ariella Zaarur

Continuing on our quest to spotlight the incredible women of Enghouse Interactive, we are saying HELLO to Ariella Zaarur, Director of Finance.



1) Tell us about your history with Enghouse Interactive?
I joined Enghouse in 2011 following the acquisition of CosmoCom working in different roles within the finance department of the North American hub.
2) What is your favorite part of your job?
The favorite part of my job is being able to work closely with operations. At Enghouse, finance is not just pure GAAP accounting, it is business and accounting combined which makes it very exciting and interesting.
3) What is the most gratifying part of your job?
The most gratifying part of my job are the constant challenges that the finance department faces due to the dynamics of Enghouse. I enjoy tackling those challenges and view them as both a learning and professional growth opportunities.
4) What’s on the horizon in the world of finance?
The biggest thing right now is the implementation of the new IFRS 15 revenue guidelines.
5) How have you seen Enghouse evolve since you’ve been part of the team?
Enghouse finance has evolved tremendously since I have joined the Phoenix finance team, we went from a decentralized organization to hubs and shared services, integrated new systems that are used globally to facilitate reporting, we acquired lots of companies and matured as a global player in the industry.
6) Tell us 3 fun facts about you!
1. I hated accounting when I was majoring in it.
2. My initials and the state I live in are the same
3. I prefer coffee over tea but when there is coke in the vicinity it always wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment